All for You |
1. Przedstawianie innych osób
– I would like to introduce
– May I introduce?
– Let me introduce
– I would like you to meet
- Have a nice time
- Give me a ring some time
- I will call you
3. Kończenie rozmowy
- Well. It’s been nice talking to you
- I’m sorry, I must be going
- Bye Bye, take care
4. Rozpoczynanie rozmowy
- Excuse me, is anyone sitting here
- Excuse me, am I not interrupting
- Could you tell me, that I?
- Excuse me, haven’t me met before
- Lovely day, isn’t it?
- Dread full weather, isn’t it?
5. Prośby o wyjaśnienie i powtórzenie
- Sorry, I didn’t catch what you say
- I’m not sure if I understand
- I don’t quite see what you mean
- What do you mean by…
6. Włączanie się do rozmowy
- By the way
- That reminds me
- May I come here?
- May I say something?
7. Wyrażanie wahania
- Well, you see
- What I mean is
- The point is
- Let me think
- How shall I put it? – Jak mam to ująć?
- Frankly speaking – szczerze mówiąc
8. Uzyskiwanie informacji
- Could you tell me, where I can find
- Excuse me, do you know what it is for…
- I wonder, if you could help me
- Do you know, where I can … (do something)
9. Udzielanie informacji
- Well, Let me think
- Ask the man over there, he will help you
- I’m afraid, I don’t know, try the information center
10. Odmowa udzielania informacji
- I have no idea, I’m afraid
- I’m sorry, I rally don’t know
- I can’t tell, I’m afraid
- I’m afraid, I can’t help you
11. Prośba o udzielenie instrukcji
- Do you know, how to... (do it)
- How do you make it work – jak to działa
- Could you tell me, hoe to operate it
- What should I do to…
12. Udzielanie instrukcji
- You press this button
- Don’t forget to…
- First do… (something)
- Then do… (something)
- Be careful
- Don’t do it
- Don’t touch it
13. Prośba o udzielanie rady
- I’d like to spend the night here. Can you recommend a cheap hotel?
- I have to buy a gift for an elderly lady. Could you give me some advice?
- What would you do if you were in my position?
- Excuse me, which bus should I take to the city center?
- I’ve run out of petrol. What shall I do now?
- Do you have any idea what I could do?
14. Udzielanie rad
- You’d better not drink so much coffee
- Why don’t you look for job?
- If I were you, I’d smile more often
- I think you could talk to him once more
- I don’t think you should take this exam now
15. Pytanie o drogę
- Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the station, please?
- How can I get to the center?
- Excuse me, could you tell me where the post office is?
- I wonder how I could get to the Marriott Hotel?
16. Wskazywanie drogi
- Walk / Drive / Go straight on until you see /
- Turn left at the traffic lights
- Cross the street at the zebra crossing
- Take / It’s the second turning on your left
- Turn left at the roundabout and it’s the second road on your right
- Take a bus number 23 and get off on the seventh bus stop
- Change at the Hilton Hotel and take a tram number 15
- It’s five minutes from here on foot / by bus / by car
- The bank is right in front of you / on your left
- The post office is opposite the church / next to the post office
17. Rozpoczynanie rozmów telefonicznych
- Hello, (this is)…….speaking
- Can I speak to…….please?
- I’d like to speak……, please – Speaking
- Jackson Publishing. Can I help you?
18. Prośba o poczekanie przy aparacie
- Hang on, I’ll see if she’s in
- Just a minute, I’ll connect you
- Hold on a see. I’ll put you trough to her
- Hold on, please / Hold on while, I find a pen
19. Informowanie o nieobecności żądanego rozmówcy
- He’s out, I’m afraid
- I’m afraid, he’s not available at the moment
- Can you call back this afternoon?
- He’ll call you back as soon as he comes in
20. Zostawianie wiadomości
- Could I leave a message?
- Do you think you could take a message?
- Would you like to leave a message?
- Can I take a message?
21. Rozpoczynanie relacjonowania
- It happened a few years ago
- It was a horrible accident
- I knew from the very beginning that something was going to happen
- It was all very funny
- One day…
22. Przedstawianie kolejności wydarzeń
- At first I felt uneasy, but...
- While I was talking on the phone I heard…
- At the same time…
- As soon as I heard the news on TV, I phoned Jim
- First I took out a pen, then I opened my notebook
- After that…
- Before that, I had prepared what to say
- The next thing I did was to
- Finally… / In the end… / Eventually…
23. Kończenie relacjonowania
- I’ll never forgot that day
- I’ll never ask a stranger for a lift again
- It was the most unusual / unpleasant thing that has ever happened to me